Why would I need an appraisal?
There are many reasons why you might need to obtain a professional real estate appraisal. Most are related to real estate and financial transactions. Some reasons why you would need a residential appraisal include:
- Appraisal for tax purposes
- Property Tax valuation
- Needing a loan
- Estate settlement
What information will an appraisal give me?
- The estimated fair market value for your property
- The type and definition of value being reported
- Information on the property including maps and plans
- Comparable sales in the region
- Current photos of the property
What’s the difference between an Appraisal and a home inspection?
A real estate Appraisal gives you an estimate of what your home is worth in your region’s current real estate market. A home inspector will advise of the structural and mechanical state of your property without determining its value.
What do I need to prepare?
- A survey of your property
- The property’s renovation history